Table of Contents
Online affiliate marketing
Why would anyone do online affiliate marketing?
There are several reasons to do online affiliate marketing, let’s go through them one by one.
- You can work from home at your own pace
- Passive income, unlike most jobs where you must keep turning up day after day to get paid, affiliate marketing offers you the opportunity to make money even when you are not working at your computer.
- How does that happen?
- As more and more people search the internet for answers to their questions invariably there is a product or service to provide an answer for each question.
- Over a period as your website matures Google will send you visitors that are looking to purchase a product or service. That’s when you start to get paid for all the work that you put into your website beforehand.
The companies that pay affiliate marketers to promote their products also provide the customer support.
In other words you don’t have to be responsible for that. Your job is to bring the customer to your site when they click on a product or service link you get a commission.
- Perhaps you don’t like your job, or you don’t see any progression for you then affiliate marketing is something that you can do.
- It is cost effective compared to a traditional business where you have major start-up costs, stock staff and rent costs, when you work from home you don’t have any of those associated costs, it doesn’t cost a lot to get started once you have a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- You have the choice to go into any niche that interests you and sell any product that you want.
- Affiliate marketing commissions are performance based, in other words the more successful that you are the more money you will make.
Types of affiliate marketing channels
What you find is most people that work as affiliate marketers use the same methods to grab the attention of the website visitor and lead them to make a purchase, however not everybody advertises products and services in the same manner, there are ways to market products and services for example
A blogger is someone who regularly writes a comprehensive review on a product or service usually after sampling the product or trying the service. The blogger becomes an authority in their niche this leads to better search engine ranking. The blogger is perceived as an authority and as such can influence a lot of people to buy into a brand and get a commission in the process.
This would be somebody with a large following especially through social media, for example the Kardashians they are in a strong position to make an impact on the buying decisions of the people that follow them, and, in the process, they potentially could earn lots of money.
Email lists have been around for a long time, they still are an opportunity for an income from affiliate marketing. By emailing special offers on products they are interested in can lead to sales, or by writing a weekly or monthly newsletter with hyperlinks to certain products can generate extra sales and commissions
A large media site provides content on many different subjects whether it is news, sport, health & beauty or finance, this type of site will be of interest to many millions of people.so if you are a sports fan reading an article on your favourite football team there may be a hyperlink or a banner leading to a product that people can click on and purchase.
Because this site has millions of people reading their content it can be a very lucrative way to maximize revenue.
A micro site is designed to be advertised on a partner website as a distinct entity offering a specific audience more relevant and targeted content to their interests and likes, this method of affiliate marketing can be very effective in converting clicks to sales.
To learn more about affiliate marketing CLICK HERE